Ideal Onboarding - Assigning with Email:
Assigning with email via the DSD system is the smoothest onboarding process possible. It takes the individual right into the course or group an admin has assigned them to, without having to confirm their email address for security purposes. The email is already confirmed by the system as it is entered by the admin during the assignment process.
Assigning with a CSV Upload:
In order to bulk upload a larger cohort, this is the tutorial to watch.
Assigning (or inviting) participants has become much easier and more powerful. Now, from one global admin navigation bar menu option, you can assign (register or sign-up), manage and handle pending invites with ease. You can still assign and manage people directly from your courses, and forms, but the global area provides one centralized location for those who prefer this. Assign people to any group, course, form, team or site on the platform. Easily see who is already assigned and manage them. Manage current users in courses, groups etc: remove, delete (unassign) and reassign them.
You can now limit visibility to only the things you want your users to see. For instance, assignment allows you to decide to only show/release courses to the people who you assign them to. (Example: 5 users only see course A and 7 see course B, all in the same group). You can also Assign courses to all group members, for everyone in the group to see (Choose 'assign to group' by toggling the 'Assign to entire group' button, in the publish tab of any course editing area).
ASSIGNING - Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1: select the ASSIGN tab in the top menu.
Step 2: pick something to ASSIGN people to (a required initial step in the assignment flow).
Step 3: select a 'role' for the people you will be assigning.
Step 4: select the people you want to assign. There are a few ways to do this, also highlighted in the video tutorials above 👆
- Upload a CSV: make sure you follow the proper formatting structure of Full Name | Email in your CSV file. (See the CSC Upload tutorial video above).
- Use the Group | Courses | Team filters to find people to assign
- Search for someone already in the system by name OR add someone new with an email address in the same search/add email box.
- Review the selected list of people you want to add, and complete the assignment with the ASSIGN PEOPLE button below.
- When completing the flow, you can add your own tailored message when the 'assign email notification' box pops, or you can select to NOT send that message by checking the box in that popup. Note: checking that box is typically used for current members of your group (s).
Assigning with Links - See Above
Note: this is not the recommended way to assign people. It is always recommended to invite/assign via email, per the instructions above.
- First, follow step one from above.
- Second, click the paperclip link to the left of the group name: Group: NAME OF GROUP (which is in the 'Assign People To' section. Then you can click the copy icon on the right of the URL).
MANAGING PEOPLE - Step by Step Instructions (See 'Manage Current Members Image below):
- First, select the MANAGE tab in the top menu in your assignment feature.
- To remove or 'unassign' them from whichever course or group you are viewing in the manage area, you just click the trashcan icon (closest to their name) under the 'Remove Members' title
- You can then search people, click on the checkboxes next to their names to bulk assign them to other objects (courses, groups, etc), or bulk remove them.
- You can download a CSV of all the group or course participants.
MANAGE CURRENT MEMBERS & ADMINS
ASSIGN WITHIN A COURSE (previously 'invite')
ASSIGN TO ENTIRE GROUP COURSE TOGGLE